I posted a few quotations from Qur'an and Sunnah, illustrating just what it is that "radicalizes" so many misunderstanderers of Islam. You can guess the response that drew.
An Islamic scholar there who goes by the name "InBlack" (as in, the preferred color of her abaya?) responded with the name-calling and profanity one typically endures for stating facts.
Disappointingly, my original post was removed, and I was banned from commenting there by Mr. Heaslip.
Though I don't wish to abuse anyone's hospitality -- even someone ignorantly facilitating the surrender of Western Civilization to Allah -- I added a few more comments in reply. Undoubtedly, jihad's gremlins are working as I type to remove them.
So, for posterity, here's the exchange, beginning with what is left of my original comment:
* REMOVED *Later, the perspicacious InBlack fired this razor-sharp volley (rapier wit and insurmountable logic masked to avoid intellectual overload):
This message was deleted on Mar 30, 2009, 08:26.
I could quote sh[**] like that from the Bible all day long a[**]hole.To which I replied:
A fundamentalist is a fundamentalist is a fundamentalist, regardless of which bloody brainwashing religion he is from.
Go tell it to some other flock, I doubt people on Blues will put up with your sh[**] for long.
1. Re: Safety Dance Mar 30, 2009, 00:17 Amillennialist
So, a Christian "fundamentalist" who obeys Christ's command to, "Treat others the way you want to be treated," is morally-equivalent to the Muslim "fundamentalist" who obeys Allah's command to, "Fight against . . . the Jews and Christians until they are brought low and pay the jizya" (Qur'an 9:29)?Here are a few follow-ups on the chance that Mr. Heaslip (or his readers) might be persuaded, ending with a quick look at his rules for posting:
That's some persuasive logic and quite a response, InBlack. Where shall we start?
1. False tu quoque argument? Check.
2. Name-calling? Got it.
3. Generous amount of profanity? You bet.
4. Utter lack of anything substantive? Of course.
On the chance that other readers here are not as erudite as you, let me explain:
1. You cannot quote Biblical commands for offensive warfare to make the world Hebrew or Christian, but even if you could, that would have no bearing on whether or not Allah and his apostle require offensive warfare against all who refuse conversion to or subjugation under Islam.
2. Am I supposed to be intimidated? Embarrassed? Name-calling does not an argument make.
3. See point 2.
4. Even if "Christians" slaughter men, women, and children, they cannot do so in obedience to Christ's command, for He taught His people to love even their enemies.
You prefer to remain in ignorance regarding the motivations of those who will enslave and slaughter you and yours in obedience to their god and prophet. Perhaps others here do not.
Rather than attack those who expose the vile ideology motivating fourteen centuries of death and destruction, why not direct your considerable rhetorical skills against that ideology instead?
4. Re: Safety Dance Mar 30, 2009, 07:25 InBlack
Banned for quoting Allah and Mohammed?Later . . .
I agree those were statements full of hate. The only problem is, the hate is not from me, it is from the one who commands, "kill the unbelievers wherever you find them" (Qur'an 9:5).
Whose side are you on, Blue?
5. Re: Safety Dance Mar 30, 2009, 20:54 Amillennialist
Blue, why are you obfuscating for jihad?And, finally . . ."the Messenger of Allah . . . would say: 'Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah. Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war. . . . When you meet your enemies who are polytheists, invite them to three courses of action. . . . Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them. . . . If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them . . .'" (Muslim Book 19, Number 4294).6. Re: Safety Dance Mar 30, 2009, 20:57 Amillennialist.
"fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war) . . . " (Qur’an 9:5).
"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued" (Qur'an 9:29).
"Allah's Apostle said: 'I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle . . . '" (Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 24).
"It is not for any prophet to have captives until he hath made slaughter in the land. Ye desire the lure of this world and Allah desireth (for you) the Hereafter, and Allah is Mighty, Wise" (Qur'an 8:67).
"Allah's Apostle was asked, 'What is the best deed?' He replied, 'To believe in Allah and His Apostle (Muhammad).' The questioner then asked, 'What is the next (in goodness)?' He replied, 'To participate in Jihad (religious fighting) in Allah's Cause.' The questioner again asked, 'What is the next (in goodness)?' He replied, 'To perform Hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca). . .'" (Bukhari Volume 1, Book 2, Number 25).
1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated. Treat others as you want to be treated.1. I did not attack anyone personally. I quoted texts.
2. Do not post links to warez sites or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
3. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.
4. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
2. No warez nor pirating.
3. I posted comments highly-relevant to a link you posted, Blue.
4. What ethnicity is Islam?
So, we can notice "Islamic extremism" (your link's link's words, not mine), but we can't examine its source. Whom does that aid, exactly?
Can you point out where I've erred? Where I've violated your rules?
No, yet you allow InBlack's puerile ad hominem's and profanity to stand.
What does that say about you, Blue?
7. Re: Safety Dance Mar 30, 2009, 21:00 Amillennialist