Thursday, July 2

A failure of Liberty or of government?

From here, in response to this:
how am I a "rupulsive piece of work"?

Is it because I dare to speak out against the great failure that is laissez-faire Capitalism. I know it's not politically correct to say that laissez-faire has failed, but reality and history have consistently shown laissez-faire to fail the people and the very system.

I don't see what either Cuba or China have to do with what I'm saying. I'm saying that a common sense system of regulation makes more sense than supply-side economics.
If you're talking about the current economic situation, the problem is the federal government's corrupt and incompetent manipulation of the free market.

This is not a failure of Capitalism, it is a failure of government (and of the people to monitor those whom we elect).

Every person has the right to use his time and talent as he sees fit and to enjoy the fruit of his labor. No politician has the right to steal from him.

Only tyrants and slaves would think otherwise.