An update:Anti Sniper wrote:Well, Anti, your comments illustrate well the maxim that "Half the Truth is often a great Lie":1. It seems that you are completely uniformed about Cristian terrorism both against Muslims the most recent in Bosnia and Kosovo and against Christians ( Northern Ireland, Croatia, Serbia)
2. In Islam there is no obligation of faith so theoretically a non Muslim can not be converted involuntary to Islam. Abuse of that is crime in Islam.
3. Theoretically in theological considerations Jihad today is reduced to defensive war
4. I agree that there is Islamic countries with low tolerance to Christians but as well there are some good examples . We need to point out both the good and bad.
5. Justice for everybody, respect and honesty are the principles that can build long term sustainable prosperity in the world1) The only "Christian" terrorism in eastern Europe was Bill Clinton bombing Christians defending themselves against jihad.Tell the truth.
Just as with Israel, charges of "war crimes" against those resisting Islamic terrorism were fabricated by Muslims and repeated by their Useful Idiot Dhimmis in the media.
2) Technically, "there is no compulsion in religion." That is speaking of internal belief, which no one can force.
A lot can be done about external behavior, though, right? What do you expect enslaving and slaughtering those who refuse the "invitation" to Islam will produce in non-Muslims? Is not such brutality in Allah's name coercive?"the Messenger of Allah ... would say:'Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah. Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war.... When you meet your enemies who are polytheists, invite them to three courses of action.... Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them.... If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them ...'" (Muslim Book 19, Number 4294).3) Theoretically, "jihad is reduced to defensive." Well, isn't that a careless admission? "Reduced" from what? From offensive warfare against all non-Muslims to make the world Islam, per Muhammad's dictum and example.
Yes, only the Caliph can call for offensive jihad, and since the caliphate was destroyed, offensive jihad is not permissible now.
Why don't you mention the fact that even "unbelief" is considered a crime against Islam? That defending oneself against its tyranny is an attack on Muslims?
Why do you think that so many jihadists try to couch their violence in these terms?
4) What Muslim nation under shari'a is a "good" example of tolerance toward Christians and other non-Muslims? Egypt? Turkey?
Turkey was secularized by Ataturk, and so it was decent place for a few decades. Not any longer.
Egypt increasingly persecutes its native Coptic population, murdering, raping, burning, and terrorizing in Allah's name.
5) You won't find "justice" for anyone but Muslim men under Islam. Women get to be chattel, little girls can be "married" at nine, non-Muslims get death or slavery, and non-Muslims who act like good dhimmis get to live another day to be abused at Muslims' pleasure.
Anti Sniper wrote:Yes, some Crusaders did commit crimes against other Christians and against Jews.
In 1099, Jerusalem was conquered by the Crusaders, who massacred most of its Muslim inhabitants and the remnants of the Jewish inhabitants; the Crusaders later expelled the native Christian population and created the Kingdom of Jerusalem. By early June 1099 Jerusalem’s population had declined from 70,000 to less than 30,000.
What you do not state is that the first Crusade was called by Pope Urban II in response to a desperate plea for help from Christians in the East under siege for centuries by ... you guessed it! Islam.
Neither do you acknowledge the fact that such crimes are "crimes" in Christianity.
In Islam, they're called, "a start."