Monday, December 26

Mohammed on children

The Son of God warned that those who cause a little one to sin would be better off if a large stone were tied around their neck and they were thrown into the sea.

What does Islam say of Mohammed's love for children?
“The Prophet married Aisha in Mecca three years before the Hijrah, after the death of Khadija. At the time she was six” (Tabari VII:7).

“When the Apostle came to Medina he was fifty-three” (Ishaq: 281).

“In May, 623 A.D./A.H. 1 [three years later], Allah’s Messenger consummated his marriage to Aisha” (Tabari VII:6).

“When the Prophet married Aisha, she was very young and not yet ready for consummation” (Tabari IX:128).

“My mother came to me while I was being swung on a swing between two branches and got me down. My nurse took over and wiped my face with some water and started leading me. When I was at the door she stopped so I could catch my breath. I was brought in while Muhammad was sitting on a bed in our house. My mother made me sit on his lap. The other men and women got up and left. The Prophet consummated his marriage with me in my house when I was nine years old” (Tabari IX:131).

“The Prophet said, ‘A virgin should not be married till she is asked for her consent.’ ‘O Apostle! How will the virgin express her consent?’ He said, ‘By remaining silent’” (Bukhari Volume 9, Book 86, Number 98).

“Allah’s Apostle told Aisha, ‘You were shown to me twice in my dreams. I beheld a man or angel carrying you in a silken cloth. He said to me, “She is yours, so uncover her.” And behold, it was you. I would then say to myself, “If this is from Allah, then it must happen”’” (Bukhari Volume 9, Book 87, Number 139-40).

“There are special features in me [Aisha] that have not been in any woman...the Messenger married me when I was seven; my marriage was consummated when I was nine; he married me when I was a virgin, no other man having shared me with him; inspiration came to him when he and I were in a single blanket...’” (Tabari VII:7).

“The people used to send presents to the Prophet on the day of Aisha’s turn. Aisha said, ‘His other wives gathered in the apartment of Um Salama and said, “Um, the people send presents on the day of Aisha’s turn and we too, love the good presents just as much as she does. You should tell Allah’s Apostle to order the people to send their presents to him regardless of whose turn it may be.” Um repeated that to the Prophet...After the third time, the Prophet said, “Um, don’t trouble me by harming Aisha, for by Allah, the Divine Inspiration [Qur’an surahs] never came to me while I was under the blanket of any woman among you
except her”’” (Bukhari Volume 5, Book 57, Number 119).

“The Prophet said, ‘Aisha, this is Gabriel. He sends his greetings and salutations.’ Aisha said, ‘Salutations and greetings to him, and Allah’s Blessings.’ Addressing the Prophet she said, ‘You see what I don’t see’” (Bukhari Volume 4, Book 54, Number 440).

“I participated in a Ghazwa [raid] with the Prophet. I said, ‘Apostle, I am a bridegroom.’ He asked me whether I had married a virgin or matron. I answered, ‘A matron.’ He said, ‘Why not a virgin who would have played with you? Then you could have played with her.’ ‘Apostle! My father was martyred and I have some young sisters, so I felt it not proper that I should marry a young girl as young as them’” (Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 211).

“Allah’s Apostle said, ‘Whoever obeys me, obeys Allah, and whoever disobeys me, disobeys Allah, and whoever obeys the ruler I appoint, obeys me, and whoever disobeys him, disobeys me’” (Bukhari Volume 9, Book 89, Number 251).
Muhammad was “inspired” while indulging the marital impulse with a child. What does this say about Mohammed? His god? His people sending gifts when it was "Aisha's turn"? What does it say about those who follow him?